National Science Advisory Bodies and policy makers are welcome to join EuSANH!
To join EuSANH or to receive more info, send an e-mail to email@example.com
The membership fee for 2013 is € 5000. Member organisations from low or middle-income countries may decide to pay a lower amount according to the rules set forth in EuSANH constitution. For more information, please contact the EuSANH secretariat.
Advantages for National Science Advisory Bodies
- Access the best experts at a European level (“Golden network”);
- Collaboration when preparing the science base for advisory reports to avoid overlap and duplicate activities and thereby reducing the workload;
- One point of contact for the European Commission;
- Access to the annual EuSANH conference;
- Access to the EuSANH website and its e-community (which includes members’ work programmes and advisory reports);
- Use of the EuSANH logo on the website of their organisation and scientific advisory reports.
Advantages for policy makers
- The participating SAB’s will expand their scientific cooperation to other European countries, to increase the transnational impact and benefits of science-based health policy making. Hence, EuSANH makes it possible to mobilise a large number of scientific organisations/experts and enrich further the knowledge base by involving experts with different backgrounds and coming from several disciplines (to cope with the multidisciplinary and a more complex nature of the issue at stake).
- EuSANH convenes the best experts from Europe to make science evidence-based policy recommendations on major health issues. Through collaboration with EuSANH, policy makers at the European and national level can use the high-quality science advisory reports as input to evidence-based decision-making.
- In addition, policy makers can add health topics for science advice in their work plans and help to identify knowledge gaps as a priority for new health research programmes.